Saturday, July 24, 2010

Who says you can't blog twice in one day??

Okay... I'm back.

So, I've decided that, since I'm separated from the world for another 9 months yet (my internship is 16 months long) I am going to improve on my "women" skills like cooking and knitting.

No I am not sexist. Women can be CEOs and whatnot while men cook and clean. "Women Skills" is the name I'm using, because I like it :)

Anywho, a wonderful start to the day already... microwaved eggs.

My future husband is going to love me.

Mmmm... look at the finely blended eggs mixed with the taste of exotic Gouda... the foreign salt and freshly ground pepper entices this meal to its ultimate perfection.

Savour the taste.

Savour the skill.


Sigh. Believe it or not, I actually used to cook.

Well, that's a lie... I actually used to bake. Bread, cookies...yup that's about it.

And look how far I've come.

Well, with the purchase of my new apron (it's unbelievably wonderful) I am convinced that I am the next Rachel Ray. I mean...what else do you need, right? :)

I made my famous (ahem from a recipe online) chocolate peanut butter bars and helped to bake a rich chocolate cake yesterday. I'll let you know how that last one turns out tomorrow because I suppose you can't take a piece out of someone else's birthday cake early...

Let me know if you have any great recipes that I should try! I seriously wish I had a legit cookbook here. I know there are plenty of recipes online, but nothing beats flipping through a good old Cooking Light cookbook :' )

2 comments:

  1. Can you wrap up those chocolate peanut butter bars and send me some???? PLEASE?! and I love that you're the next rachael ray. just love it. your woman skills amaze me, truly. annnnnnnnnnnnd betty crocker has a free iphone/ipod app with her cookbook on there and it's delish. love it, love it. love you.i have a little girl at home, love of my life. i'd trade her for you in a SECOND. (-weird man who sticks pins in things from bolt) the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I wrote "lol" because I ACTUALLY laughed out loud! Well...actually it was more of a silent, breathy laugh...but it was legit ;)

    I totally have the Betty Crocker app!! I like Big Oven better... not that I really cook haha. I will though. *looks in mirror* Breanna. you will.

    Thank you for being willing to give up your firstborn for me but, I'm thinking buying you that movie was a bad idea. It's teaching you inappropriate things. BUT, I'll trade that deal to be able to visit you both!

    Then we'll cook something epic ;)

    ReplyDelete